Search This Blog

02 September 2007

Ahoy!


The first day of spring! Melbourne weather was 100% on cue. After a morning cycle along the coast, while having a coffee at one of the many coffee shops along the route, I was wondering how I would best make use of this perfect weather. I barely had time to have a shower and something to eat once I got home, when I got a call from a colleague that there was a Spring Day sailing race on at Brighton, and one of the yachts was short of crew. What an opportunity! It was a perfect day for a beginner like me, the winds were light, but sufficient to get me started on the drill. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and will certainly be doing more of this. I did not have my camera with, but managed to take this snap from my phone - after the event!

No comments: